POSITION: Executive Director, full-time
REPORTS: To ECDC Board of Directors
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for ECDC staff and programs toward the execution of the Company’s mission and financial objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve the economic status of ECDC’s initial cluster of neighbourhoods through Community Economic Development (CED) activities and social purpose real estate development;
- Partner with other organizations in the community to achieve ECDC goals and objectives;
- Enhance the capacity of the cluster neighbourhoods to participate in their own economic development;
- Work with neighbourhoods to articulate needs, desires and goals for their community;
- Develop effective means to track progress, evaluate program effectiveness and report to the Board and the larger End Poverty Edmonton (EPE) initiative;
- Be the face of the organization, particularly in the cluster of neighbourhoods, promoting its goals in the community;
- Hire and supervise staff, prepare budgets, manage communications and do whatever else is necessary to appropriately lead and manage a small organization;
- Use or adapt existing programs that might be available for the initial cluster of neighbourhoods, e.g., financial incentives, affordable home ownership, workforce development, employment training, neighbourhood economic development;
- Other duties as required.
- Formal training in Community Economic Development (CED) or 10 years of experience leading same or appropriate combination thereof;
- Degree or significant experience in urban planning, economic development, community development, development financing or related field;
- Experience developing infill or other small and medium-sized residential, commercial or mixed-use buildings;
- Experience in non-profit management;
- Experience engaging members of diverse communities;
- Skills to effectively lead a small but complex organization in challenging times and context.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately, with ideal start date of September 1, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Click here.
TO APPLY: Send resume or CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org